Experts claim that the losing weight process requires patience and time in the first place. It is not possible to lose a large amount of excess weight in a short period. Most likely, the human will cause harm to health in the form of water loss and damage to muscles but unnecessary fat will still remain in the body. This is why the main goal should be to get rid of pounds safely but not quickly. This way, everyone can effectively fight obesity without harming their body. Follow the tips below to lose weight safely.
It is known that the loss of extra pounds can be achieved by calories’ deficit. This way, everyone can effectively fight obesity without harming their body. However, don’t rush to conclusions.
The fact is that the ability of the body to process calories into energy necessary for normal body functioning depends directly on the calorie number consumed. In case you dramatically reduce this amount, you risk slowing down the metabolic processes in the body, which will negatively affect not only the getting rid of the extra pounds process but also the health.
You can avoid this negative phenomenon in several ways:
- Make each meal serving a little smaller than its usual size.
- Count your daily calories and reduce this number slightly.
- Pay attention to the calorie content of each product, which is indicated on the label. Try not to consume more calories than you have set yourself as a daily acceptable volume.
- Drink clean non-carbonated water every time you feel hungry.
Remember that you also have to change your usual daily diet, excluding harmful products from it. Eat more useful products that will eliminate destructive substances from the body and help you get rid of pounds. The best solution for getting rid of pounds is to consult with a dietitian. He will help create a harmless weight loss plan that takes into account your individual features.
Tracking Plan Compliance
One of the main aspects of getting rid of extra pounds is strict adherence to the plan. You should eat healthy food and don’t forget to drink pure water during the day. Today, there are numerous smartphone apps that are designed specifically to support a person throughout the weight loss process. If you do not understand modern gadgets, you can use a regular pen and notebook to keep track of calories consumed and burned.
Supporting the surrounding people will also help you continue moving towards your goal. Ask your family and friends to remind you of the plan and to praise you for losing pounds.
If you find it is not easy to get rid of pounds alone, you have the opportunity to join a weight loss group. Its members share their experiences and support each other during the difficult time of getting rid of pounds. This will certainly give you strength and confidence that you will win the fight against excess pounds.
Identifying the Factors That Make You Eat More
The purpose of the meal is to provide the human body with the energy necessary for normal functioning. It serves as a source of “fuel” for performing the daily human activity. However, we often eat not only when we need energy.
It is important to determine what makes you eat in time you have the energy. This will allow you to eliminate the problem and as a result, refuse to eat when you do not need it.
Take enough time to understand exactly what factors are driving you to an extraordinary meal. Perhaps it is stress, depression, anxiety, or even a sense of joy at achieving any goals?
Once you have successfully identified the reasons that push you to eat even when you absolutely do not need it, try to find substitutes that will help you cope with the situation without eating. A walk in the fresh air, reading a book or making a phone call to a relative can be helpful in this case.
Please note that you will not have to radically change your eating habits. For example, you should not refuse eating meat if you are sure that after a while you will again include it in the ration. You have to learn how to cook the favorite meals in such a way that they are useful for the body and help you to get rid of pounds. In this case, you can become slim and also keep a normal weight thanks to new habits in eating your favorite foods:
- Do not give up sugar but use it less and only with healthy products. Refuse cakes and fizzy drinks. Eat fresh fruit, which will be a healthy source of sugar.
- Pay attention to the carbohydrates source that you consume. It will be better to give preference to products with a low glycemic index or food that is characterized by low carbohydrate content per serving. Give preference to whole grains and avoid eating processed foods.
- Pay attention to products rich in protein. This will help you stay full longer. Protein is also a great material for building your muscles.
- Learn to choose healthy fats. They also provide a longer-lasting feeling of satiety and allow you to avoid the feeling of constant restrictions related to getting rid of pounds. For example, you may occasionally eat nuts, fish, and seeds.
- Give preference to fiber. Products such as whole grains, fresh fruits, and vegetables are the main sources of it. However, take into account that some above products contain more fiber than others. Include broccoli, green peas, and raspberries in your ration.
- Eat less but more often. It is not necessary to eat 3 times a day. Divide the calories contained in the usual 3 meals by 5-6. This will help you avoid feeling hungry without calorie intake rising. However, pay special attention to the portion size so as not to violate the conditions for creating a calorie deficit.
- You have the opportunity to move to modern food substitutes that are designed specifically to provide a feeling of satiety during the day without consuming many calories. They will help you avoid the need to plan a daily diet and calculate the allowable amount of calories consumed. However, the main troubles may arise when you lose weight and take the decision to move back to regular products.
- You should pay attention not only to food but also to drinks. Usual drinks, such as juice and soda, also contain calories that have a negative impact on weight. Replace these drinks with water, green tea, or unsweetened black coffee. You should also refuse alcohol since it contains numerous calories and provokes a feeling of hunger.
The main thing is that you have to understand that getting rid of pounds is a gradual process in case you want to get a positive result without harm to your health. Some modern diets offer complete or partial starvation in exchange for fast weight loss. However, you can’t be sure that the lost pounds will not return after you start eating normally. It will be better if you contact a specialist who will create a plan for gradual weight loss. Clearly follow this plan and develop new eating habits to achieve success.