Everyone wants to have a toned shape, slim figure and look attractive. This is what induces many people to stick to exhausting diets and engage in grueling exercise. However, there are more serious reasons to control your weight. They are not as obvious as a slender attractive figure. However, they play a more important role in everyone’s life. Keep reading if you want to learn more about it.
Why Do You Need to Control Your Weight?
Your reflection in the mirror doesn’t suit you? Did your size increase a bit in your opinion? Undoubtedly, these aspects can encourage you to keep a diet. However, there is a number of more important factors that should be motivators for you to control your weight. Experts recommend giving answers to some specific questions to determine your predisposition to excess weight. They will also help you understand whether you should avoid the problem of excess weight. So, think about the answers to these questions:
- What kind of lifestyle do you lead? Remember that you must adhere to proper nutrition and exercise at least several times a week. You should adhere to this rule even if you think that your weight is ideal.
- Do you have close relatives who have diseases caused by excess weight? You should take into account that if someone in your family suffers from diseases of the cardiovascular system, hypertension or other diseases caused by excess weight, then you should be careful and avoid overweight.
- Are you prone to being overweight? If you notice that your weight is increasing, then you should definitely control it. Remember that obesity is the cause of many diseases. Their risk increases with age.
- How do you feel? If you are constantly worried about the shortness of breath, joint pain or other health problems, then you should definitely control your weight and avoid obesity.
- What areas of your body are predisposed to increase? Special attention should be paid to the problem of increasing the volume in the abdomen. This body area is the most problematic in excess weight terms. If the extra pounds are deposited in this area, it will be very difficult to get rid of them.
- Do you know your waist size? If not, be sure to measure it. The fact is that the researchers claim that the waist size should not exceed 40 inches for men and 35 inches for women. If your size exceeds these numbers, the risk of various diseases, associated with excess weight, increases.
- What is your health profile? High cholesterol levels and hypertension are the main weight control causes. In this case, overweight can lead to severe complications.
Does Weight Affect Human Health?
If you think that overweight has no effect on your health, then you are wrong. Below are the results of studies that indicate the extremely negative impact of obesity on both daily life and human health:
- 112,000 deaths a year are caused by obesity. The American Medical Association came to these conclusions as a result of a number of studies.
- Osteoarthritis, diabetes, and cardiovascular system diseases occur under the influence of excess weight.
- Overweight puts a strain on the joints, kidneys, and liver. This leads to the development of internal organ diseases.
However, scientists claim that drastic weight loss will not improve health but may worsen it. They note that weight loss should be gradual in order to achieve the greatest health benefits. Scientists say that losing even 10% of the weight can bring a positive result and help to improve health and well-being. In addition, this indicator is not very high. Thus, almost every person who is obese can simply achieve it.
There is no doubt that obesity is the cause of poor health and discomfort in everyday life. Despite the availability of modern medications that can eliminate the obesity influence on some internal organs, you should control your weight. This will help you lead a full-fledged lifestyle without health problems and poor well-being.
In Which Cases Weight Loss Is Mandatory?
One of the main factors for determining the excess weight presence is the Body Mass Index (BMI). It is a number obtained by mathematical division the body mass index by the human height index. BMI allows determining the ratio of human body weight to its height. Many scientists agree that the optimal BMI value is below 25. They claim that people whose BMI exceeds 25 number are overweight. If your BMI is more than 30, you are obese.
However, many scientists disagree that BMI is the main indicator for determining excess weight and the need to lose weight. Some researchers say that a person’s condition also depends largely on their physical shape and fitness. In addition, a single BMI indicator cannot be applied to all people. Body individual characteristics and health indicators but not only BMI should be taken into account when determining the overweight level.
In addition, many experts note that people with the same BMI have completely different well-being conditions and health problems. While some suffer from hypertension and breathe shortness caused by overweight, others feel great and have no health problems. This phenomenon has not yet been explained by scientists. However, it is indisputable proof that BMI alone cannot be taken as a basis for determining the need to lose weight.
Remember that if you notice even a small increase in your weight but do not consider it a big problem, then you are wrong. Even a small increase in your volumes can lead to serious consequences in the future, especially if there are certain conditions. Therefore, you should control changes in your weight and not allow it to increase.
You can determine your BMI and use this indicator to control your weight. However, remember that you must also take into account your health and well-being. If you notice that you feel worse with weight gain, start with minimal weight loss. Reducing your body weight by even 10% will make you feel better.
Keep in mind that your lifestyle directly affects your body weight, as well as your overall health. Therefore, do not forget to control your diet and try to avoid eating unhealthy and harmful products. You should also lead an active lifestyle. Go to the gym, swim in the pool, go hiking or cycling or choose another activity that suits you. This will help you stay in good physical shape and reduce the risk of excess weight.
Great information about weight loss and boost metabolism. we can also add All amino acids foods like meat, poultry, fish, dairy, soy, legumes, buckwheat, quinoa, etc. to our diet for weight loss and healthy life.
Hi! I love how informative and great your articles are. Can you recommend any other Affordable Counseling blogs that go over the same topics? Thanks a lot!